Wednesday, March 9, 2011

drugs

My "procedure" yesterday went well.  Apparently I was a constant source of entertainment for my sister and mother. 

Mama and I went to the wash house this morning to get blankets and quilts ready to put away until next fall.  This meant I needed to clean out a closet that holds blankets, my scarves and gloves, and our jackets.  I keep one of John's work shirts in that closet that I wore when I worked with him.  I'm learning to check all pockets in any piece of his clothing before washing or giving it away.  In the pocket of my work shirt, he left a note to me.  A little sticky note this time.  "love ya"
I also found two melted Jolly Ranchers.  He got them at Dr. Chemo's office one of the last times we went.  And I found $5 in another jacket. 

Got a few more thank you cards written while we were at the wash house this morning.  Every time I do a few, I think of someone else to thank.  Not complaining.  Just amazed.

Emailed my principals, bookkeeper, secretary, and sub to let them know I'm planning to come back the week after spring break.  March 28.  Also told them I will need days off when Mr. John passes.  The bookkeeper already granted me the 3 days the county gives for bereavement, so I have 3 more leave days than I would have had. 

This time off is going really fast now.  But it will soon be summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment