Sunday, March 27, 2011

first steps back

Went to church this morning.  Arrived late and left during the final prayer. Couldn't sing for crying but it felt good to be there.  When I used to go to church and John stopped going, I would set my cell phone on the chair next to me so I could see if John called.  Another one of those things I don't have to do anymore.

Actually cooked this afternoon:  ground venison, mixed with baked beans and bbq sauce; cornbread.  Will be good for lunches next week.

Was sad because John isn't here to clean the tile on the kitchen counter and wall because it's looking rough.  Then I remembered he left me the tile cleaner.  The only thing I didn't have was the big machine, and didn't need it.  Got busy with a toothbrush after church and it worked well.  Now the tile is shiny and clean.

Still have lots of unfinished "business" from John's stuff &/or mine.  Can't think of one thing I've completed, mainly because you fill out a form and then have to wait.  But work begins tomorrow and I'll have to juggle phone calls, faxes, emails, letters, paperwork, and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment