Sunday, May 8, 2011

making John proud

My goal this weekend is to make John proud and represent him well.
It's mother's day.  While Gloria was out with a friend picking up lunch, I trimmed the bushes out front with the dullest clippers I've ever used.  Kohle helped me by bagging up the clippings.

Georgena and I took the kids to a movie [Rio].  When we got home, Gloria immediately appologized to me for my name not being in Mr. John's obituary.  Tim pointed it out to her today.  The funeral home wrote the obit, and when she and Tim proofed it, they couldn't read the bottom where the names were listed.  Gloria said as they talked with the funeral home lady about Mr. John, a man in the room wrote down what they said and used that info for the obit. 
I was hurt that my name wasn't listed, but didn't say anything to anyone in the family.  It wasn't my pride that was hurt but John's memory.  He was proud to be married and now it wouldn't be known in Mr. John's written legacy. 
Gloria said she was going to give the funeral home down the road about them leaving off my name, but they'd probably blame it on her.  Personally, I think they didn't mention John having been married when they talked to the people, so they didn't know to put me in. 

Tomorrow will be a long, emotional day.  I'm taking John's silk hankie from his wedding tux with me, along with a metal pocket 'stone' with xoxo I gave him.  Wanted something of him with me at the funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment