Wednesday, December 15, 2010

whirlwind wednesday

Busy day. Lots accomplished.  Good insurance people are priceless.

Hospice nurse came back to the house for the first official visit.  Mama was there with John so I could work.  Answered a lot of questions about insurance.  My naivete about Hospice being free to the patient comes from lack of experience with this situation.  John's insurance will cover 38 days of Hospice visits, so we're going to hold them in reserve until really needed.  They're very helpful and willing to work with you however they can.  John needs a better bandage to cover the incision and they are going to find something.  I love the term 'tuck-in nurse'.  Sounds so comfy cozy.  She calls at night to see if you need anything.  There's also his RN who is available for questions or services. 
John was 'tickled pink' that the admissions nurse came back again today and gave us his patient number and answered more questions.  Gives him great peace of mind. 
The tumor doesn't seem to have grown any today and hasn't leaked in two days.  yay

I've been smiling all afternoon and evening.  Went back to Wildwood choir tonight for rehearsal and party.  Teresa, one of the best choir directors I've ever had, has resigned her full-time position there, and the choir gave her a beautiful music box and party to thank her for her years there.  It was great to see my church choir family again and to SING with them.  I wanted to sit under Teresa one more time, and we practiced the Hallelujah Chorus.  Doesn't get much better.  I didn't realize how much I missed everybody until I got around them again.  It was like no time had passed.  My chair next to Becky was still warm.

Tomorrow is first grade's Polar Express day!  We're wearing pajamas, drinking hot chocolate, and eating cookies.   I'm wearing my pink and green camo footie pj's John gave me for Christmas last year.  It's a fun day.  Today, Santa walked past our room on his way to Kdg for their parties.  The debate began......is he real or not.  As always, there are strong opinions on both sides.  But in the end, I think they all hope he's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment