Sunday, December 12, 2010

more liquidating

Today as I dressed for church, I put on the beautiful poinsettia pin John gave me a few years ago.  Another wonderful gift from a wonderful man.  We were leaving a department store one day and we passed a stand of pins.  This one caught my eye; beige/brown swirled cloisonne on the petals, burnt orange jewels in the center, gold backing.  I only mentioned in passing how much I liked it.  Was so surprised when I opened the box that Christmas.  He remembered the story, and the pin when I had it on today.  John said he went back the next day to get the pin.  He was glad it was still there.

Yesterday I picked up a catalog of carpet cleaning a friend had borrowed.  John has tried to inventory his equipment but needed pictures because he can't remember the names of items.  He went thru the catalog yesterday and circled what he has.  Today we wrote it all down with current prices, for prospective buyers.  Really need the business to sell before the end of the year. 

Enjoyed the Christmas musical at church this morning.  Have lots of activities this week; 3 parties on different nights, and will probably go to only one.  John sits home all day and I just can't go out and leave him alone at night.  He can't take the noise, movement, and commotion of groups, so he won't go with me.  It's ok.  I'll have other parties later.  I want to be with him right now. 

Last week of school before break.  Can't believe it's already here.  It's been a fast first semester.  The good ones go too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment