Thursday, January 27, 2011

the days are just packed

John woke up feeling fine the day after the headache.  He didn't use his walker; said he didn't need it.  Bob and Rick came for lunch, and Rick did a look-see under the house, sort of like a check-up.  Things look very good for an almost 60-year old house.  I am going to pursue adding extra supports underneath, especially with the piano weighing so much. 

Mama came over after the guys left.  John enjoys her visits.  Our Hospice nurse popped in with supplies and checked John's vitals.  He was wiped out from our lunch company so she didn't stay long.  I told her I was going to buy a shower chair rather than get one from them.  It's something I can store in the attic easily enough for the next person who may need it.  She suggested we check at Goodwill or another thrift store.  great idea

Walter and Ruby from Havana church brought a big bowl of stew.  Last Wednesday they brought BBQ. 

Today, our Sunday School teacher from Havana came by with diet cokes for John.  He stayed a bit and we talked about computers.  I baked cookies because Sarah was coming by after school.  She stayed for supper.  We had stew and cornbread.  It was great to see her and get caught up on everybody.  I told her we should make it a weekly date.    therapy for us both

Found out for sure that John's dad has leukemia, along with MDS.  If they treat one, the other will kill him.  All they can offer is blood transfusions when he feels bad.  There are no treatments at this point and they gave him 'months, not even a year' to live.  He went home from the hospital today, but has to wear a mask when in public.  This adds another layer to the surreal life we already lead.

I won!  As a 'fan' of Tallahassee Magazine on facebook, I entered my favorite memories of Springtime Tallahassee and they chose mine, along with many others, as a winner.  I get a pass to sit in the reviewing stand for the parade, and my quote and picture will be in the Talla. Mag.  I go to their office for my headshot Tuesday.  hmmmm.....what to wear..........for a headshot :)
My quote was about marching in the parade in high school, then taking Marshall all these years; necklaces, crewes; etc.

Our Godby graduates association has started a facebook page for Cougar Angels; those who have passed away.  The list is too long.  and growing

No comments:

Post a Comment