Monday, November 29, 2010

Marvelous Monday

Today, John and I both had dr appts.  He and Dr. Chemo decided to not do chemo anymore.  John gave it the old college try: surgeries, radiation, chemo......he's done with it all.  Dr. Chemo did give us info on another type of treatment, but John isn't interested.  I can understand...sort of. 
Tonight we filled out paper work for Hospice, the Anatomical Board for body donation, DNR, and read mail from the insurance company.  I'm mentally exhausted.  He got very frustrated while we filled out the paper work because he can't understand it all.  That's tough.
John has been so adament about cremation, which I'm not crazy about.  I still think donating his body for study will help someone else later.  They will return the body instead of cremation, too, but that's too creepy, and I wouldn't want to see it after they work on it.  I wish Dr. Surgeon could be there for the study and learn what went wrong with the metal plate, see how large the tumor got, see the destruction radiation did; etc.
Who better to learn from it?

Did a little decorating in the piano room last night.  I'll get done what I can.  Love decorating for Christmas.  Am thinking of doing a "Nutcracker" unit with my class this year instead of Holiday Customs Around the World. 

Snowball, the snowman at Glacier, was re-born yesterday!  And my, how he's grown.  He's a big boy this year.  My class will send him an American flag to hold, I've decided.
Today I came in late after my dexa and picked the kids up from lunch.  I brought in Marshall's old lava lamp and was chatting up the kids about their morning and went into what lava is; etc, then turned on the lava lamp.  In the midst of it all, the AP came in for an informal eval.  Haven't gotten feedback on that one yet.  It was a lively discussion with lots of big science words!

Going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment