Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Family Fun

John's brother, Tim, and his family got into town late Tuesday night, really Wednesday morning.  Tim has taken John to run errands, to Whataburger for lunch, and who knows what all.  Big help to me, but most importantly, they are spending time together. 

Last night, Sharon and I went to the Prism concert at Ruby Diamond Concert Hall.  The newly renovated auditorium's acoustics are music to your ears, but unfortunately also accents the chatter of rude auidence members.  Ninety minutes of non-stop music, ending with a gut-vibrating ending with the symphony and Chiefs together.

Enjoying being around niece and nephews and seeing John acting like a kid with them.  West, #2, asked me if I was going to keep living in my house once Uncle Dennis is dead.  I told him I was.  Jennifer said he's been full of questions, so I told him I'd answer anything he wanted to know. 

Tonight we ate dinner at Jennifer's mom's, then Tim, Jennifer, John, and I went to Marvin and Glenn's for coffee and cookies and queso.  We had a great time.  John had a hard time keeping up with the active quick moving conversation, but when we got home and he told me what he heard, he was right on it for the most part. 

Still haven't heard from Dr. Chemo.  He called yesterday but I wasn't at the house.  I'll have to call him Monday to see what all is going on.

Tomorrow, John's parents are coming from Daytona for a week or so.  They'll be staying with us.  I'll probably be going to the Christmas parade downtown with Sharon and Marshall tomorrow night.  Always fun.  That will give John and his parents some time to get caught up.

On the way home from Marvin and Glenn's, we saw a buck crossing Lake Shore near McGinnis Arm.  It had 3 nice points on the right side and 2...really 1  1/2 on the left.  Looked like the left side had been broken off.  Makes me want to hunt.   In 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment