Wednesday, December 29, 2010

wasting wednesday

We slept fairly well last night.  John was awake a lot but stayed quiet in bed, not tossing and turning like usual.  He got up ahead of me and made coffee, and when I got up, I knew something wasn't right.  His language took a dive in the night.  He seemed disoriented, kind of like he was after the seizures.  He hardly talked at b'fast and couldn't focus well, was really slow with eating.  After pancakes, John said he knew he was acting weird and didn't know why.  As the day went on, he slowly got better and perked up some.  I ran errands for almost 3 hours.  It felt good to be out and about.  Didn't feel guilty about leaving John home.  He rested and even nuked lunch.  I brought him Whataburger, which he ate later. 

The electric blanket I got him for Christmas [actually Sharon picked it up for me] didn't have the controls in the box.  I went to Walmart and they gave me the controls out of another box so we could keep the sage green one. 

Spent more time being with John today.  He wasn't very talkative until 8 tonight, and we talked mostly about God and what people believe and is he getting the message out about what Christ has done for us.  He is very concerned that more people don't know.

I emailed Pastor Bob today to see if he'd do the memorial service at Wildwood.  The lady buying the business is coming over with her husband tomorrow to check out the equipment and sign the agreement.  John is now stressing about every aspect of this.  Who will the check be made to?  Is he asking too much or too little?  Why can't she take the stuff tomorrow?  Will he have enough to pay taxes, his bills, and live on?  I can't imagine what it's like to be him right now.  He's really dragging his right foot today, especially when he gets tired.

The Hospice music therapist is coming tomorrow.  This will probably do me more good than John. 

When I asked if we could have everybody over Saturday to celebrate Mama's b'day, he gave me a thumbs-up. 

Trying to go to bed earlier in preparation for the sad day I have to go back to work. 
The last of the pretty leaves are falling off.  We're on a warming trend now, thank goodness.  Enough of temps in the 20's!

No comments:

Post a Comment