Saturday, January 22, 2011

great guys

What a random day.  John got off to a very slow start.  At almost lunch time, I decided to get a shower.  Of course, when I turned on the water, the phone rang.  It was my friend, Joe Ann.  We hadn't talked in a while so I turned the water off.  Knew it could be a long conversation.  About the time Joe Ann and I finished, John's friend, Mike, called to see about coming over.  Back to the bathroom to put away everything for my shower and try again later.  We had a great visit with Mike.  The guys talked about God.  I started fixing lunch but Mike left. Not a commentary on my cooking.  He had been here about 2 hours. 

Not long after, Marvin called to find out if he could come over.  [He and his son are the ones who videoed John talking about God.  We went to high school with him.]
In the meantime, another high school friend called to say one of our classmate's house burned and he was taking up a collection for her to spend another week at a hotel.  The Red Cross would cover one more night, but then she was on her own; broke, going thru a divorce.  I met him at the Post Office where John's box is to donate toward the cause.  He hadn't collected much.  Wish I could've done more. 

Tim's mother-in-law called wanting to come over tomorrow.  I told John he's a celebrity with all these people wanting to see him.  He just smiled.

Got back to the house and Marvin was already there.  He and I had great conversation about God and the Bible.  John interjected some but mostly listened. 

We went thru his mail at 9:30 p.m. because he was wide awake and we hadn't had time to do it before.  He was more 'with it' as the afternoon went on. 

The right side of his face is more droopy and expresses less.  Sometimes only the left side of his face smiles. 



**A Little About Me**
Going to the Dr Monday to get the results of a colposcopy, and cervical polyp removal.   Not life-threatening, but he has a plan of action.  Second funky test result in 3 months.  Never had a problem before.
Osteoporosis is worse/spreading/still there....not sure which because a comparison to 2 years ago wasn't made.  My Primary is letting my endocrinologist handle it.  He thinks it's tied in to my thyroid problems.  Loaded up on almonds, chondroitant chews, fresh spinach, calcium & D, chondroit/glucos. tablets, cheese, milk.  Step machine, weights.
Growing older is not for wimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment