Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday

As usual anymore, I was running late this morning when Mama got here.  I had an 11:15 appointment for my "head shot" for the Tally Mag Springtime quote contest I won.  Or am one of many winners.  It was 11:17 when I went through their door.  Thought it would be a receptionist with a pocket digital camera, but it was a real photographer with a nice digital camera, umbrellas that flash--the whole shooting match.  He told jokes the whole time and took about 15 shots.  I kept closing my eyes because the batteries in the camera were low, and by the time he'd click, it was time to blink again.  He said, "Don't you know I charge $20 every time you close your eyes?"  So I opened my eyes wide and kept them open.  He said, "No, no!  Don't do that."  He was a hoot.  It was great fun.

I ran errands; post office, Publix, my bank, the salon.  Have put only 100 miles on my car in over 2 weeks.  Usually I'd put that much on going back and forth to work in a week. 

Mama brought us a chicken pot pie.  Yummy.  Nothing exciting the rest of the day.  Last night we stayed up until 11 p.m. watching John Wayne in "The Cowboys."  John liked it and followed it well.

Tonight, Jennifer, my sister-in-law called.  She is worried about John's mom and how she'll handle it after their dad dies.  Gloria didn't know how to use the "pay at the pump" to get gas while Mr. John was in the hospital.  She's learning how to pay bills, is concerned that she can't keep up the house; etc.  It must be because of where I am right now, but I can't feel the urgency or concern that Jennifer feels.  Guess I have my own issues and can't consider taking on more.  Glad she's willing to handle it.  Jennifer offered to come from Idaho and help Gloria learn how to do things on her own, but she'd have to bring the baby and 4 year old.  They also offered for Gloria to come up there for a while until she gets her head straight after Mr. John passes.  We'll see what she decides.

John flinches when he touches his right forearm on the table or if I touch it.  I told the nurse today about his fall.  She'll check it out when she comes in a day or two.  It's bruised but he moves it [as much as he can].  He got around fairly well today.
If I change the heater one degree, he can tell.  It's been near 70 degrees for a couple of days but the heat runs and runs.  Tried bumping it down a degree or two, but within a few hours, John said he was freezing.  I put the thermostat back where it's been.  He's good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment